The Accace Code of Conduct provides the ethical framework on which we base our decisions – as individuals and as members of our organization.
The Code is anchored in our values and beliefs, and underpins all that we do.
The Accace Code of Conduct applies to everyone at Accace, regardless of their individual role, position or practice.
We understand that deviations from or violations of the Code of Conduct are unacceptable and Accace does not permit discrimination or retaliation of any kind. We acknowledge that breaches
of the Code of Conduct may result in our practices taking disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Working with Accace business partners
- We are committed to delivering services from the quality and security point of view that reflect our professional capabilities and are appropriate to the specific issues and needs of our clients.
- We support our people and will withdraw from working for any clients that perform activities and have behaviours that are incompatible with our Code of Conduct.
- We uphold the professional standards and rules applicable to us and our profession.
- We reject unethical or illegal business practices in all circumstances.
Working with one another
- We support integrity, respect and teaming.
- We respect one another and strive for an inclusive environment free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. No client or external relationship is more important than the ethics, integrity and reputation of Accace.
Acting with professional integrity and professional approach
- We comply with laws, regulations and standards that apply to us in our professional conduct.
- We uphold the Accace name. We do not misrepresent the position that Accace takes in professional and other matters.
- We understand and comply with Accace policies and procedures.
- We recognize that our competitive advantage is achieved through our people, quality of their work and professional advice and innovation in systems and processes.
- We do not offer personal inducement to secure work.
- We properly document our client business operations in accordance with Accace policies and relevant legal and professional requirements.
- We never destroy or alter documents, or recommend their destruction or alteration, for any illegal or improper reason.
- We charge appropriate fees for our services in accordance with our Agreement and General Commercial Terms.
Maintenance our objectivity and independence
- We maintain our objectivity and independence and we reject inappropriate pressure from clients or others.
- We do not accept payments or items of value if this could be viewed as influencing our conclusions or advice.
- We avoid relationships that impair our objectivity and independence.
- We respect and protect confidential information obtained from, or relating to, our clients or 3rd parties, as well as personal information about our people, in accordance with local law and professional standards.
- Each of us is responsible for keeping our professional knowledge up to date.
Putting it into action
This Code of Conduct gives everyone at Accace an ethical framework to help make the right decisions. How can each of us make sure that we are living up to our commitments under the Code? If you are unsure of the right course of action, or are faced with a difficult issue, asking yourself the following questions may help you determine the appropriate way to act.
- Is it against Accace or professional standards?
- Are my actions legal?
- Am I compromising my integrity or the integrity of Accace or our clients?
- Am I upholding the values of Accace?
- Am I treating others the way I expect others to treat me?
- Do I feel good about my choice? Can I sleep at night?