Beware of the contracts concluded before 1st of January 2014!
Since 1st of January 2014 the new Civil Code came into force and it may happen that your contractual relations entered into before 2014 will be partly regulated by the new Code and partly by the previous Codes (Commercial and Civil Code) or only by the previous Codes.
Application of the wrong law can result in the loss of your claims. Due to the parallel application of new and previous laws the contractual relationship may become confused.
We recommend updating your contractual documents in order to be compliant with Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code, in particular:
- long term contractual relations
- in case of framework agreements on the bases of which particular contracts are concluded
- if you enter into the amendment to already concluded agreement
- if you enter into the agreements which are dependant on the contracts concluded prior to 2014
- if the general business conditions shall be applied
Contact: Mgr. Jan Roub Legal Director email@example.com Tel.: +420 606 086 191