Kindly be informed that in Romania was approved the Law no. 64/2018, through which Good Friday, the last day of Friday before Easter, becomes a day of legal holiday on which no work is performed.
Law no. 64/2018 for filling in para. (1) of art. 139 of Law 53/2003 – Labor Code, published in the Official Gazette no. 226/2018, entered into force on 16.03.2018.
Thus, starting with year 2018, the legal holidays on which no work is performed are as follows:
- 1st and 2nd of January – New Year’s Eve
- 24th of January – Romanian Principalities Unification Day
- 6th of April – Good Friday
- 8th and 9th of April – Easter
- 1st of May – Labor Day
- 27th and 28th of May – Pentecost
- 1st of June – Children’s Day
- 15th of August – Assumption
- 30th of November – Saint Andrew
- 1st of December – National Day of Romania
- 25th and 26th of December – Christmas
- two days for each of the three annual religious holidays, declared as such by the lawful religions other than the Christian ones, for persons belonging to such religions.
Therefore, 2018 is the first year in which employees will have another day off, respectively on April 6 – Good Friday.
Phone: +40 314 050 440