Tax advisory and tax compliance services in Bulgaria
Make sure your tax and reporting obligations are always fulfilled by benefiting from our deep knowledge and know-how of best practices that fit the Bulgarian regulation frameworks. We guarantee that you stay compliant with all requirements while you can easily mitigate your tax risks and improve efficiency of your local and international operations in Bulgaria and across the region.
Our tax compliance services offers complete solution for the Bulgarian corporate income tax (CIT), value added tax (VAT), personal income tax (PIT) and social security, local taxes, withholding taxes, excise taxes and custom duties.
- Ensuring a smooth registration process in Bulgaria with all local authorities
- Registration for CIT, VAT, VAT refunds and other taxes in Bulgaria, as needed
- Assistance related to any requests of the Bulgarian tax offices, including dispute resolution
Tax compliance and filings
- Preparation and submission of the statutory tax returns
- Processing of the tax liability payments to local authorities
- Other tax-related consultancies related to CIT, VAT, withholding taxes, local taxes, excise taxes and custom duties that are applicable in Bulgaria
- Representation in communication with the Bulgarian tax offices and local authorities
- Guidance and support during internal and external tax audits
Tax advisory and transactions
- Tax advisory on an international scale
- Services related to personal income tax, non-residents and global mobility
- Transactions services, tax and legal structuring of M&A
- Transfer pricing services and local representation
- Financial, tax and legal due diligence
- Professional training on tax, accounting and financial topics
Personal income tax
When it comes to dealing with more complex tax, social security or foreign assignment matters, our inhouse tax team is ready to provide any required consultancy support – in compliance with the Bulgarian tax law and the best practices of the local market.
- Individual planning, definition of the suitable payroll and tax schemes for both local residents and non-residents
- Filing of Bulgarian personal income tax returns and ensuring compliance
- Filing of further statutory reports for social security, health insurance and other
- Representation in communication with the Bulgarian tax offices, social security and health insurance companies and other authorities
- Complex global mobility services for non-resident
Non-resident and global mobility services
The complex agenda of cross-border mobility of employees and expatriates is no longer a headache with our experienced tax team based in Bulgaria. Backed up by a strong international network, we possess a deep knowledge of the local and international legislation, whether it comes to individual taxation, social security, health insurance contributions, payroll or labour law. Benefit from the best practices when it comes to the necessary administrative work to ensure full compliance.
When it comes to the review of the expatriate tax program of your company, the following questions should be answered: are you fully compliant with statutory requirements on local payroll reporting, tax and social security matters? Does it mitigate the risk of being exposed to inspections by local authorities?
Our experts will help you to address the following issues of international assignment :
- Creation of tax-efficient employment structures for non-residents
- Evaluation of the requirements on tax filing of the home country and foreign country
- Implications related to a permanent establishment in Bulgaria, including the reporting obligations
- Preparation and filing of tax returns for non-residents in Bulgaria
- Social security and health insurance statutory requirements applicable to expatriates
- Payroll calculation and HR administration services for expatriates in Bulgaria
- Other administrative services, such as obtaining permits for work and residence, dealing with offices for foreigners and the Bulgarian authorities
- Representation in communication with the Bulgarian tax offices and other authorities
Advisory online portal
Our own Advisory portal provides an efficient online channel for communication and document exchange, with excellent user experience paired with our advisory services. The portal allows selected employees and specific managers to access relevant information by our easy-to-use interface. Your team will effectively consolidate all data, documents and other sensitive information in one secure location which is accessible from anywhere and with various access rights.
By using our Advisory online portal, you easily gain access to:
- Document exchange and archive
- Customised workflows and approvals
- Online forms tax and legal matters
- Advisory hotline
The Advisory portal can be utilized for all advisory services and any project – ranging from legal support and tax compliance to consultancy for specific projects such as mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, consolidations, transfer pricing or even applications for various types of funding and grants.