Tax advisory and tax compliance services in Cyprus
Fulfil your obligations in the field of taxation and reporting by taking advantage of our extensive knowledge of the local legislation and best practices that fit the regulatory framework of Cyprus. Stay compliant no matter the requirements, mitigate your tax-related risks and improve the efficiency of your local and international operations.
Our tax services offer an all-round care regarding the design and implementation of tax optimization schemes, corporate income tax (CIT), personal income tax (PIT) and social security, value added tax (VAT), local taxes, withholding taxes, excise taxes and custom duties in Cyprus.
- Smooth registration process in Cyprus with local authorities
- Registration for CIT, VAT and VAT refunds, including other taxes in Cyprus
- Assistance with various inquiries from the tax offices and dispute resolution in Cyprus
Tax compliance and filings
- Preparation and submission of statutory tax returns to the Income Tax Office in Cyprus
- Processing of tax liability payments to local authorities
- Additional consultancies related to CIT, VAT, local taxes, withholding taxes, excise taxes and custom duties applicable in Cyprus
- Representation in communication with the tax offices and local authorities in Cyprus
- Guidance and support by internal and external tax audits
Tax and transactions advisory
- International tax advisory
- Personal income tax, services related to global mobility and non-residents
- Transactions services, M&A tax and legal structuring
- Transfer pricing services and local representation
- Financial, tax and legal due diligence
- Professional training on tax, accounting and financial-related matters
Personal income tax
When dealing with more complex matters related to tax, social security or other foreign assignment, our inhouse team of experienced tax professionals is here to support you with the necessary consultancy to help you stay compliant in the agenda of personal income tax.
- Individual planning, definition of suitable payroll and tax schemes for both residents and non-residents in Cyprus
- Filing of personal income tax returns and compliance in Cyprus
- Filing of other statutory reporting obligations for social security and health insurance or other
- Representation in communication with the tax offices, social security and health insurance companies, and other authorities in Cyprus
- Full-range global mobility services for expats in Cyprus
Non-resident and global mobility services
Our experienced tax team in Cyprus, backed up by a strong international network, will guide you through the complex agenda of cross-border mobility of employees and expatriates, all of which requires the deep knowledge of local and international legislation related to individual taxation, social security, payroll, labour law, as well as best practices when it comes to providing the necessary administrative work to ensure full compliance.
Reviewing the expatriate tax program of your company should determine whether you are fully compliant with the statutory requirements on individual tax, social security and local payroll reporting, and whether the risk of being exposed to inspections by the local authorities is mitigated.
Our experts will help you to address the following issues related to cross-border employment:
- Creation of an employment structures for non-residents that is tax-efficient
- Evaluation of the requirements of the home country and the foreign country on tax filing
- Implications related to a permanent establishment in Cyprus, including the reporting obligations
- Statutory social security and health insurance requirements applicable to expatriates
- Preparation and filing of tax returns for non-residents in Cyprus
- Payroll and HR administration services for expatriates in Cyprus
- Other administrative services, such as obtaining work and residence permits, dealing with the local authorities and offices for foreigners in Cyprus
- Representation in communication with the tax offices and other authorities
Tax overview for global mobility in Cyprus
Learn all details you need to know when dealing with expat matters in Cyprus and 13 other countries: tax residency, personal income tax, social security, health insurance, Cyprus tax resident working in other country, other country’s tax resident working and paying taxes in Cyprus, penalties and much more!
Advisory online portal
Improve your advisory support thanks to our inhouse-developed advisory portal with an effective communication and document exchange channel. Allows specific managers and selected employees to access relevant information in our portal by a user-friendly interface and effectively consolidate all your data, documents and other information in one secure location with varying access rights.
By using our Advisory online portal, you can easily access document exchange and archive, online tax and legal forms, customized workflows, approvals and our advisory hotline to handle your inquiries in an efficient and convenient way.
The Advisory portal can be utilized for all advisory services and any project, ranging from tax compliance and legal support to consultancy for specific assignments such as mergers and acquisitions, consolidations, due diligence, transfer pricing or even applications for various types of grants and funding.