Demanding statutory requirements to comply with and ever-changing legislation make payroll and HR administration an extremely challenging and resource-consuming agenda – especially when taken care of by an internal team.
Shifting the responsibility to an outsourcing provider is a safe bet. It not only diminishes the administrative burden, saves time and resources, eliminates the potential risks of non-compliance and resulting penalties from local statutory authorities. Most importantly it improves the accuracy, quality and timeliness of all your payroll and HR processes – utilizing the best-breed online solutions to bring additional value for your employees and HR teams.
Payroll agenda processing
Our comprehensive payroll services in Italy can cover the following:
- Data collection and payroll calculation: Take-over and control of all input data and information in order to process an accurate payroll calculation, calculation of deductions, taxes and net salaries in compliance with the statutory requirements, off-cycle payroll calculation
- Benefits and bonuses administration: Calculation based on provided company benefit and bonus schemes, such as medical or life insurance, pension plans, vacation time, sick leave and maternity leave and others
- Pay slips distribution to employees and administration of all payments: Issue of pay slips in hard-copy or password-protected PDF files, to be distributed by email or saved on the online self-service payroll portal for employees; administration of payments and distribution of payments to employees and local statutory authorities
- Payroll inquiry handling: hotline support and assistance for employees by dedicated payroll consultant or a dedicated team
- Statutory reporting filing: required payroll statutory reporting and filing to Italian authorities, such as the Tax Office, Labour Office, social and health insurance companies, statistics offices and other, and regular communication with these authorities
- Personal income tax: Calculation and filing of personal income tax returns, including assistance to employees by collecting the information and necessary documents, required consultancy for employees on their tax matters
- Reporting for management: Preparation of reporting package in the agreed scope, and any other specific reporting for the management upon request
HR administration services and HR consultancy
As an extension to our payroll outsourcing service, we also provide complex HR administration support and assistance, addressing general tasks, such as personal files management and preparation of employment relationship contractual agenda, but also tasks that require a more specific HR consultancy. We also provide a wide range of tailored solutions and services designed to fit perfectly the specific needs of your HR management.
Our services help you to manage the following tasks, in order to make sure that all your statutory reporting and compliance requirements applicable in Italy are covered:
- HR files maintenance and administration: Organizing and keeping all personal files of employees in compliance with statutory requirements in Italy
- New and leaving employees: Registration of newcomers or leavers at local authorities, support during the administration of the onboarding process, preparation of contracts and employment related documents, provision of necessary trainings for new employees etc.
- Employment and contractual documentation: Preparation of employment related documents, such as labour contracts, contract amendments, job descriptions and other documents, in compliance with the requirements of applicable Italian legislation
- Representation by audits and inspections: Guidance over regular and extraordinary communication with the Italian statutory authorities, support and assistance during audits and inspections, preparation of required statutory documentation, resolution of any disputes with the offices
- Additional HR consultancy: Advisory related to Italian personal income tax, health insurance and social security compliance, non-residents, international secondment and employee mobility matters
Payroll and HR online portal
Our user-friendly payroll and HR self-service portal enables employees to manage numerous tasks on their own – without the need to ask HR for assistance – all within a secure online environment. The portal can be utilized as a tailored interface to access and store payslips, resolve a payroll inquiry by sending a ticket to the payroll accountant, fill in data for the yearly tax clearance or other documents to be prepared, request time-off, approve and manage business travel or settle travel expenses. The usage of the employee self-service portal by HR teams goes far beyond regular document and workflow management, as it provides various HR administration modules as well.
Standard functionalities offered by the payroll portal interface:
- Exchange of payroll and HR data and information
- Payslips distribution and electronic archive
- Payroll hotline: inquiry handling via online ticketing system
- Tailored reports
Various HR modules can be integrated as well:
- Administration and maintenance of HR and personal files
- Preparation of various employment related documents such as contracts
- Collection of input for yearly PIT return filing
- Administration of benefits
- Business travels and travel expenses administration
- T&A: time and attendance management, approval of absences, shift planning
Labour-law and other consultancy related to employment
In addition to our HR administration and payroll services, we offer a full-range consultancy support to your HR teams to address various labour-law or employment related matters – to make sure your company meets all statutory requirements applicable in Italy.
- Support by preparation of employment contractual documentation, such as contracts and contract amendments, job descriptions, termination agreements, liability for damage and material responsibility agreements and others, fully in compliance with legal requirements and best practices applicable in Italy
- Design and set up of internal HR processes, drafting of internal guidelines, policies and procedures, preparation of templates
- Solving of various employment related matters and disputes, such as working time and shifts, employment termination including mass layoff, health and safety at work, working conditions, annual leave, parental leave, employee benefits and other areas
- Consultancy related to the agenda of GDPR and personal data protection to comply with statutory requirements applicable in Italy