In the Official Gazette no. 854 of 09.10.2018 was published the Emergency Ordinance no. 89/2018 regarding some fiscal-budgetary measures and for amending and completing some normative acts.
Changes were brought regarding on a number of issues, including income tax and value-added tax.
In the case of income tax, in 2018, bonuses of 5% are granted in the following situations:
- For the submission of the unique declaration on income tax and social contributions due by natural persons by electronic means, until 15 July 2018 inclusive, tax to be paid until March 15, 2019 inclusive;
- For early payment of this tax until December 15, 2018 inclusive.
The amount of this tax will be deducted in each situation by the amount representing 5% of the income tax/annual net income and/or the estimated annual net income tax.
In terms of VAT, the 5% quota will also be applied for the following services:
- Accommodation in the hotel sector or similar sectors, including the rental of camping grounds;
- Restaurant and catering services except alcoholic beverages other than beer;
- The right to use sports facilities falling under the NACE codes 9311 (activities of sports facilities) and 9313 (activities of fitness centers).
Annual tax decisions
- In the case of the annual tax decisions issued and communicated after the date of entry into force of this Emergency Ordinance, for the purpose of clearing the annual tax on the incomes realized by individuals in 2017 and the CAS for the period 2016-2017, the payment term is June 30, 2019.
For early payment of the above mentioned amounts, a 10% bonus of these amounts is granted, if they are fully paid until December 15, 2018 inclusive.
- In the case of annual tax decisions issued and communicated after the date of entry into force of this Emergency Ordinance, in the scope of clearing the CASS for the period 2014-2017, the payment deadline is June 30, 2019.
For early payment of the above mentioned amount, a 10% bonus of this amount is granted, if it is paid in full until March 31, 2019 inclusive.
The value of the discounts for the two above situations reduces the payment amounts mentioned.