For Romania, the law that provides the rules for the incorporation and for the statutory modifications of the companies is law no.31/1990.
In order to set up a company in Romania you first need to choose the type of business form, to prepare the file and to submit the application at the Trade Register. Detailed information regarding the complete procedure, minimum requirements and documentation you may find in our 2017 Guideline: Company Formation in Romania.
Among the approached topics, you will find:
- legal forms of business, minimum capital and contribution
- minimum documentation
- registration process and registration time
- details about shareholders (company board)
- general overview of corporate taxes
- tax rates
- registration requirements
- fees and penalties
- investment incentives
- special taxation of micro-enterprises
- income tax exemption for programmers
- other aspects
- opening a bank account
- subsequent modifications in the statute of the company
- unique European code (EUID)
For more details about establishing a company in Romania or support with any business-related activity, please contact our specialists in Romania. We are ready to offer information or services in the following areas: legal/corporate matters, local and international taxation, payroll and HR, accounting and reporting.