Legal advisory in Hungary
Our full-fledged inhouse legal team is ready to provide concise, business-oriented and tailored advisory to companies from various sectors to support their activities in Hungary and in the region. The unique combination of our legal, tax and accounting expertise enables to provide an all-round care and effective solutions based on the best legal practices in Hungary. We are able to cover all your requirements both in standard operations and in large, demanding transactions covering various aspects of your business.
Market entry support: Book your free 1 hour expert talk now!
We have years of experience in supporting businesses to grow in Hungary. If you are a well-established company we offer you a free consultancy, that includes:
- Brief analysis of your needs based on the information provided
- Country-specific aspects that may be important to your investment
- Basics of local tax, accounting and legal rules in Hungary
Phone: +36 141 235 30
Our experienced legal advisors are ready to provide a wide selection of services within the field of corporate law, ranging from initial professional support during incorporation, to a comprehensive provision of all business transactions and changes during the lifetime of the company. Our legal services in the area of corporate law can cover:
- Incorporation and sale of ready-made companies, including provision of registered offices and support for secretarial services in Hungary
- Limited liability company incorporation
- Joint stock company incorporation
- Full-range administration support and company liquidation
- Provision of company seat for 12 months
- Company gate administration services for 12 months
- Provision of changes in the legal status of the company at the respective authorities
- Distribution of the Shared Capital, increase and reduction
- Agreements governing the relationships between related parties, shareholder agreements
- Provision of legal support by negotiating with trading partners and preparing the corresponding legal documentation
- Preparation of annual general meetings and other executive meetings
- Corporate governance and management rules
Real estate and development
We are ready to provide legal services related to real estate and construction, including representation in land- and construction proceedings in Hungary. Our legal services can cover the following areas:
- Services related to the acquisition, development, management and use of real estate and construction in Hungary
- Legal, financial and tax due diligence of real estate projects
- Security instruments related to real estate transactions
- Establishment of third-party rights to property, utilities and energy
- Renting and lease of residential and non-residential premises
- Litigations and out-of-court negotiations
- Provision of professional legal advice in construction, provision of legal real estate audits and preparation of legal opinions
- Representation in land- and construction proceedings, also in the communication with the Hungarian state authorities
Real estate transactions in Hungary
Learn about formal requirements of real estate purchase contracts, compulsory elements of contract of sale, what is considered as a contract of sale, payment of the purchase price, usual scenario of the real estate transaction and fees, limitations over the acquisition of the real estate, real estate transfer taxation and much more.
Insolvency, restructuring and bankruptcy
In case you are dealing with insolvency litigations, our experienced lawyers are qualified to support you in various matters, mitigate the potential risks and provide the most effective solutions for your specific case – fully in compliance with the Hungarian legal requirements.
Our experienced team of Hungarian legal advisors will guide you through the whole insolvency litigation procedure and represent you at administrative, civil and insolvency courts, including out-of-court negotiations, while providing all the required professional assistance by pre-insolvency negations. We are ready to investigate and design solutions for insolvency restructuring, taking into consideration your special conditions and cover all relevant possibilities. Moreover, we can also provide complex support and assistance enacted by enforcement proceedings and debt recovery proceedings in Hungary.
Intellectual property law
The intellectual property law is a complex area, with both local and global implications which cannot be handled without a deep understanding of all related regulations and procedures. Our well-experienced inhouse team of Hungarian legal advisors is ready to support you by:
- Representation before the Hungarian statutory authorities and organizations
- Drafting and negotiating the contracts regulating intellectual property law issues
- Matters related to copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intangible property rights
- Trademark registration or renewal at EUIPO
- Legal advisory services related to the software development and provision
- Representing the clients at court hearings and out-of-court negotiations
GDPR legal support and advisory
Considering the high sanctions and the limited time that businesses have to ensure that all legal and technical aspects are covered, it is important to pick the right professional partner. Our well-matched team of legal and corporate advisors in Hungary are ready to help you identify how GDPR impacts your company and support you in the following areas:
- Overall revision of your current personal data processing, including follow-up analysis
- Preparation of internal guidelines, working procedures and manuals, employee consent for data processing
- Revision and adjustment of the appropriate contractual relationship with the persons involved in processing, including subscribers and other business partners
- Analysis to see whether it is required to carry out impact assessment on the protection of personal data and any follow-up support in the process, as well as when dealing with a supervisor, with whom the results of the assessment should be consulted
- Other services according to your specific needs and requirements
Labour law and employment support
As an integral part of our HR administration and payroll services, we offer a comprehensive labour law support provided by our experienced team of Hungarian legal experts. They are ready to help you to address the following matters related to employment relationship in Hungary:
- Design and implementation of internal HR processes, development of guidelines, policies and procedures, preparation of standard set of templates
- Preparation of employment contractual documentation, such as contracts and amendments, job descriptions, termination agreements, liability for damage, material responsibility agreements and others, fully in compliance with the legal requirements and best practices applicable in Hungary
- Completing a tailor-made employment contract
- Preparation of A1 application
- Resolution of various matters related to employment, such as working time and shifts, employment termination including mass layoff, working conditions, annual leave, parental leave, health and safety at work, employee benefits and other areas
- Consultancy related to GDPR and personal data protection in Hungary
Other legal services we are ready to provide in Hungary
Commercial and civil law
Our services can cover the preparation of contracts, commenting commercial and civil law contracts, provision of comprehensive legal advice in civil and commercial relations and preparation of legal opinions fully in compliance with the Hungarian legal framework.
Administrative and tax law
We cover the areas of client representation, applying claims thereof in administrative and tax proceedings in Hungary, revision of contracts from the point of tax and administrative law, preparation of legal opinions, representing clients in proceedings on reviewing the lawfulness of decisions of the Hungarian administrative bodies before the court.
Disputes and enforcement of receivables
Our legal services cover the representation of clients before courts in proceedings related to Hungarian civil, commercial, administrative and labour law matters, representing clients before arbitration courts, complex management and recovery of claims at pre-trial stage, in court proceedings, enforcement proceedings, bankruptcy and restructuring, provision of legal analysis in this matter.