We would like to inform you that by Decree No. 359/2019 Coll. of 18 December 2019 of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic, with effect from 1 January 2020, there are changes in basic compensation for the purpose of travel expenses reimbursement. The following rates below are now valid.
For each calendar day of business trip, employees are entitled to a meal allowance of:
1. Business sphere:
- Min. CZK 87, if the business trip lasts 5 – 12 hours,
- Min. CZK 131, if the business trip lasts more than 12 hours, but maximum 18 hours,
- Min. CZK 206, if the business trip lasts more than 18 hours.
2. State and contributory sphere:
- CZK 87 – 103, if the business trip lasts 5 – 12 hours,
- CZK 131 – 158, if the business trip lasts more than 12 hours, but maximum 18 hours,
- CZK 206 – 246, if the business trip lasts more than 18 hours.
Foreign meal allowance – rate changes in selected countries
|Country||Currency||Basic rate 2019||Basic rate 2020|
|Australia and Oceania||USD||55||60|
|Bosnia a Herzegovina||EUR||35||40|
|Italy, Vatican City, San Marino||EUR||45||50|
|United States of America||USD||55||60|
The basic rate for the use of road motor vehicles
The basic rate for 1 km compensation for:
- two-wheeled vehicles and tricycles CZK 1.10,
- motor vehicles CZK 4.20,
- wagon, bus, tractor CZK 8.40.
The average price of fuel
The average price for one litre of fuel under Section 158 (3) of the Labour Code is:
- CZK 32 for automotive gasoline 95 octane,
- CZK 36 for automotive gasoline 98 octane,
- CZK 31.80 for diesel,
- CZK 4.80 for electric car (for 1kWh).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be pleased to help you.