From 1 January 2022, the minimum wage in the Czech Republic will increase by CZK 1,000 to CZK 16,200 per month. This applies to employees with a weekly standard working time of 40 hours. The minimum hourly wage will increase from CZK 90.50 to CZK 96.40.
The average monthly wage will increase from CZK 35,441 to CZK 38,911 in 2022.
|Minimum wage||CZK 16,200.00||CZK 15,200.00|
|Average wage||CZK 38,911.00||CZK 35,441.00|
Lowest levels of guaranteed wage 2022 (in CZK)
The increase in the minimum wage will affect the lowest levels of the guaranteed wage. The lowest guaranteed wage will range from CZK 16,200 to CZK 32,400 per month, or from CZK 96.40 to CZK 181.00 per hour in 2022 depending on the work group.
The following table shows the guaranteed wages for 2022 according to the length of the weekly standard working time of 40 hours / 37.75 hours / 38.5 hours.
|Work group||Guaranteed wage per MONTH||Guaranteed wage per HOUR|
|40 hours per week||38.75 hours per week||37.5 hours per week|
Other effects of the increase in the minimum and average wage
- The maximum amount of the possible tax allowance for placing a child in a pre-school facility (nursery-fees) will increase to CZK 16,200 (for 2022).
- The limit for the exemption of regularly paid pensions will be increased to CZK 583,200 / year (36 times the minimum wage), i.e. CZK 48,600 / month.
- The health insurance, which must be deducted from the minimum wage, e.g. by the tax-exempted persons, will increase to CZK 2,187 / month (13.5% of the minimum wage).
- The limit for the application of the second tax rate is increased – the monthly limit is increased by CZK 155,644 (4 times the average wage), and the annual limit is CZK 1,867,728 (48 times the average wage).
- The maximum assessment base for social security premiums is increased by CZK 1,867,728 (48 times the average wage).
Evolution of minimum wage in the Czech Republic during the past years
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you!